Pennington 1 Step™ Winter Overseeding Mix is designed to provide a temporary lawn to enjoy while the weather is cool and your permanent lawn is brown and dormant.
- For best results, spread 1 Step™ Overseeding Mix only after nighttime temperatures drop consistently below 65˚ Fahrenheit (19˚ Celsius) and your existing lawn begins to slow in growth and go dormant losing its existing green color.
- Scalp existing lawn by cutting at the lowest setting possible on your mower.
- Rake existing lawn to loosen soil, and remove debris and grass clippings.
Adjust spreader to highest setting and apply Pennington
1 Step™ Overseeding beginning at the yard's perimeter working your way in as your passes continue.
- For best results, overlap passes by at least half the width of your spreader to ensure maximum coverage when using a drop-spreader.
- Repeat application in the opposite direction to form a crosshatch pattern.
- Continue process until the entire 500-square-foot area of lawn is covered.
Keep the seeds and soil moist by watering the lawn twice daily with a light application for the first 4 days. On the 5th day, begin watering heavier every other day for 5 days. Once complete, water as needed to prevent wilting.